MERRY CHRISTMAS: Tips to Enjoy Christmas Day
The joy of this season is blissful. Bask in it, don’t be eluded.
What’s your ideal way of having a fulfilling Christmas day? What would make the 24 hours Christmas day a merry Christmas for you indeed?
There’s a general tradition of spending Christmas with family and friends, exchanging gifts, cooking spree and exchange of gifts. But what if your present circumstance does not afford you the traditional expectation of Christmas, what would you do to still enjoy the bliss of Christmas?
Two years ago, I lived in a place where I had no family, I had few friends but most of them had travelled so I only had work and myself. On the 25th December 2017, I refused to cook for myself and just lay on the bed sleeping till one of my neighbours sent a heap of Christmas rice to me that catered for breakfast and lunch.
Towards evening, a friend of mine called me and asked about where I was. I told him I was in my lonely room. He arranged for us to meet some 30 minutes later.
That day, I had the longest, most-enjoyed walk of my life. All the fancy restaurants or malls were flooded with people so we succumb to walking and talking till it was dark. He made sure I bought dinner, afterwards I boarded taxi and we departed. This was my Christmas day experience some 2 years ago.
Now, I would have done better for myself on Christmas day than that day.
So, if you are also in an untraditional Christmas state on this day, here are the few and simple tips you can do to make yourself enjoy the bliss of Christmas day:
1) Feel yourself: Read things that confirm how good you are. Inform yourself of how blessed the world is to having you. You can read some chapters, verses of the bible (this is highly recommended) or books of your favourite author. Wake up seeing everything working for your good no matter your present situation.
2) Unusual Food: Unusual feeding is one of the features of an enjoyable Christmas day. Create a list of the food you desire to eat, that it’s been long you ate it. Give yourself the treat to eat this food. You can order for it and have it delivered to you or you cook it yourself while you enjoy the process of making the food you desire.
3) Gift: Gift yourself something simple and beautiful you’ve longed for. It doesn’t have to be expensive. It could be a pair of earrings, a book, a journal, a book marker, dress sneakers etc.
4) Music: Good music have a way of making us feel good or listen to a good radio station. Allow the flow of good beats and lyrics help you relax and make you happy.
5) Make someone else happy: The act of giving is therapeutic to the giver. There’s a joyful feeling that giving brings to the giver. Take advantage of it and give to someone in need. No matter how small it is to you.
6) Review your soon-to-end year: Positive mental processes helps to give a sense of worth and value. Today is a good day to review the year that is about to expire. Make a list of your wins, losses and lessons. Declutter your mental closet in preparation for the new year to enhance optimisation of the forthcoming year.
7) Watch movie (s): Indulge yourself to watching movies that makes you feel happy or give your time spent on watching movies as enjoyable. I recommend comic or action movies.
I will be doing some of these today, you can also try any of the tips and let’s share the joyful results afterwards in the comment box.
💃💃Cheers to a blissful, joyous Christmas.